On this weeks episode we discuss the Ainulindalë and the Valaquenta, the first two short stories in The Silmarillion.
- Is Ilúvatar just a really terrible dad?
- Sexism, ableims, and heteronormivity all in one chapter!
- Creation is created!…or whatever
Here is some fabulous art of the Valar and here is a brief description:
- Melkor – The Dark Enemy, Morgoth
- Manwë – Lord of wind and air, King of the Valar
- Ulmo – Sea King
- Aulë – Master of crafts and earth and all that is underneath
- Oromë – Lord of Forests
- Mandos – Lord of Death and judgement
- Lorien – Lord of Dreams and Visions
- Tulkas – Lord of Strenth (and wrestling)
- Varda – Lady of the Stars
- Yavanna – Giver of Fruits
- Nienna – Lady Mourning and Weeping
- Estë – Lady of Healing and Rest
- Vairë – the Weaver
- Vana – the Ever Young
- Nessa – …she likes to dance?
Here is some art of the Maiar, and some of the ones of note:
- Mairon – Aka Gorthaur the Cruel aka Sauron
- Melian – We’ll get to know her a lot in the Silmarilion.
- Curumo – Seen elsewhere as Saruman
- Olorin – Seen elsewhere as Gandalf
- Aiwindel – Seen elsewhere as Radagast