This week we discuss Chapter 20:Of the Fifth Battle: Nirnaeth Arnoediad.
Three main camps:
Maedhros – son of Fëanor
- Naugrim – dwarves
- Newer arrived men to Beleriand – known as Easterlings
- Men of Bór
- Men of Ulfang – fuck you Uldor the accursed
Fingon – son of Fingolfin
- A bunch of people in Hithlum? The men of Hador?
- People of Haleth (Halmir died, pesky menfolk, son Haldir took over)
- Húrin and Huor – important men? Married important women? Once went to Gondolin?
- Gwindor – basically the only dude from Nargothrond who came, his brother Gelmir had been captured by Morgoth previously
- Turgon – also son of Fingolfin, Fingon’s brother
- Maeglin – the douche, mostly just happens to be here this chapter but I assume will be important again
Orcs, wolves, Balrogs (with Gothmog), and dragons (with Glaurung)
- Thingol and Melian – Thingol now has a Silmaril in his secret forest, still doesn’t listen to Melian
- Beren and Lúthien – live out the rest of their lives happily on an island. Good for them.
- Círdan – ship dude
- Tolkien Gateway
- lotrproject.com <— if you click around a lot you will get a lot of spoilers. I guess that’s true of both links.
Get in touch and join our conversation