This week we discuss Fellowship of the Ring, Book 2 Chapter 2, The Council of Elrond.
- Frodo – son of Drogo, the Ring Bearer
- Samwise – a hobbit who sneaks into secret meetings
- Bilbo – the Ring Finder
- Gandalf – a wizard
- Elrond – an elf who has lived through much of Middle Earth’s history
- Aragorn – the heir isildur
- Boromir – son of Denethor, the steward of Gondor
- Legolas – son of Thranduil.
- Gimli – son of Gloin
- Gloin – a dwarf from Erebor
- Dain – King under the mountain
- Glorfindel – an elf who once leant Frodo his horse.
Other People We Get Brief Mention of But Don’t Really Matter:
- Galdor – an elf from the Grey Havens
- Erestor – an elf from Rivendell, advisor to Elrond.
- Thranduil – the elf king in Mirkwood. I only mention him here because I believe this is the first time we hear his name.
- Balin, Ori, Oin – dwarves from the Hobbit.
- Gwaihir – lord of eagles
- Shadowfax – HORSE LORD FROM THE DAWN OF TIME OR WHATEVER
No travel in this chapter! The party is at Rivendell.