This week we talk about Fellowship of the Ring Book 2, Chapter 3 The Ring Goes South. AND we do it in less than two months.
- Frodo – The bearer of the ring, the only person obligated to go all the way to Mordor
- Sam – Can’t leave his master behind, so of course he’s going
- Merry – Yeah, they’d rather not go, but if Frodo has to, they they do too. Aw, friendship!
- Pippin – “There must be someone with intelligence in the party”
- Gandalf – The actual intelligent person who’s going along.
- Legolas – The representative of elves, selected by Elrond
- Gimli – The representative of dwarves, selected by Elrond
- Aragorn – Representative of men, bearer of the reforged sword Anduril, going with.
- Boromir – going along with the party until he and Aragorn will split off for Gondor
- And Bill the pony! Who finally gets named…….. For the evil dude in Bree
- Elrond – Lord of Rivendell, helps put together the party
- Bilbo – Left to finish his book in Rivendell and hope he gets to see Frodo again
- Brief appearance by Elladan and Elrohir, Elrond’s sons, who go out scouting the land
- Caradhras – a mountain
The Fellowship in full heads south from Rivendell, along the Misty Mountains, and tries to pass over them, but is turned back by the angry Caradhras.